Thread: 6 Month Visa
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
immigration law immigration law is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 32

Originally Posted by catjane View Post
I was given a 6 month visa while travelling with my husband on a cruise. He lives in Florida, I am in Canada. When I told the imm. officer I lived in Canada while my husband is trying to sell our home and I am looking for a home there and that we have been separted for 6 months he stamped my passport and told me I now had a 6 month visa to stay in the US. What does this mean? He also said I can apply to stay longer by making out this form. I checked the form out and it says I need some stamped form (F something) which I don't have, only the stamped passport. Do I make a copy of that and send it or what? Also can I travel back and forth to and from Canada while we prepare to move while on this visa?
Did the US customs officer give you an I-94 Arrival Card in your passport
with a stamp? What does that stamp say? This stamp usually identifies the
limit of your authorized stay in US under your visa (with Canada, it's a
visa waiver). This period can be extended by filing an I-539 Form with
USCIS. If you leave before the expiration of the stamped or extended
period, you have to start a whole new stay period when you return to US.

Best regards,
Marina Shepelsky
Reply With Quote