2415 Ave U, Ste. 2R,
Brooklyn, NY 11229

CALL TODAY

(718) 769-6352

Home About Our Firm Attorney Profile Practice Area Overview Testimonials Resource Links Contact Us
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NYC Immigration Lawyers, Naturalization, Green Cards, Deportation Defense, Brooklyn, New York > Visas > Visitors Visas (B1/B2)

6 Month Visa

Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 PM

Default 6 Month Visa

I was given a 6 month visa while travelling with my husband on a cruise. He lives in Florida, I am in Canada. When I told the imm. officer I lived in Canada while my husband is trying to sell our home and I am looking for a home there and that we have been separted for 6 months he stamped my passport and told me I now had a 6 month visa to stay in the US. What does this mean? He also said I can apply to stay longer by making out this form. I checked the form out and it says I need some stamped form (F something) which I don't have, only the stamped passport. Do I make a copy of that and send it or what? Also can I travel back and forth to and from Canada while we prepare to move while on this visa?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjane View Post
I was given a 6 month visa while travelling with my husband on a cruise. He lives in Florida, I am in Canada. When I told the imm. officer I lived in Canada while my husband is trying to sell our home and I am looking for a home there and that we have been separted for 6 months he stamped my passport and told me I now had a 6 month visa to stay in the US. What does this mean? He also said I can apply to stay longer by making out this form. I checked the form out and it says I need some stamped form (F something) which I don't have, only the stamped passport. Do I make a copy of that and send it or what? Also can I travel back and forth to and from Canada while we prepare to move while on this visa?
Did the US customs officer give you an I-94 Arrival Card in your passport
with a stamp? What does that stamp say? This stamp usually identifies the
limit of your authorized stay in US under your visa (with Canada, it's a
visa waiver). This period can be extended by filing an I-539 Form with
USCIS. If you leave before the expiration of the stamped or extended
period, you have to start a whole new stay period when you return to US.

Best regards,
Marina Shepelsky
Old 01-17-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Stamp

After I had told him that I had to return to Canada and leave my husband in the US to try and sell our home, he said "I will give you a 6 month visa, I am an immigration officer so I can do that for you" He asked my name and did something on the computer. He then took my passport and stamped page 13 with a stamp that only shows I entered and the date. I didn't get any slip from him, just a piece of paper with the name of the form I would need to re-apply and the date I could stay to (July 6, 2008), but it was just a piece of pad paper where he had scribbled this information, nothing formal with anything to identify it as anything legal. I'm not sure what to do without the slip. It just all seemed strange to me. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Default I-94

Is there some way I could get this I-94 card? Maybe he put something in to the computer that shows my leaving date, etc. How can I find this out?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Administrator

We can help you get an extension of another 6-months of your stamp.
Please call our office.
Marina Shepelsky, Esq.
Law Offices of Marina Shepelsky, P.C.
936 Kings Highway, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11223
Tel: 718-769-6352
Fax: 718-769-2391
Old 02-04-2008, 12:08 PM

Default Extension

Thank you but I can't afford any lawyers fees at this time, so not sure what I am going to do. I guess I'll just have to go back to Canada and leave hubby here.