2415 Ave U, Ste. 2R,
Brooklyn, NY 11229

CALL TODAY

(718) 769-6352

Home About Our Firm Attorney Profile Practice Area Overview Testimonials Resource Links Contact Us
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NYC Immigration Lawyers, Naturalization, Green Cards, Deportation Defense, Brooklyn, New York > Visas > Visitors Visas (B1/B2)

Visa b1/b2 expired

Old 02-13-2008, 03:12 AM

Default Visa b1/b2 expired

i entered this country on june 2005, the inmigration agent gave me 6 months to stay but im still here.

To be honest, im working here in usa and im getting pay cash.

i know i broke the law, what can i do now??

i know i can only fix this problem by getting married with a us citizen. i actually dont want to get married, im a young guy(21 years old)

since ive been working here i save a lot of money, and i would like to apply for a student visa. can i do that if my visa is expired????
i also would like to get a drivers license but since i dont have a social security number i cant, and this is a big problem for me.

thanks

Alan
Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 AM

Default Expired visa

I'm not sure but I think if your visa is expired you have to leave the country and no, you can't work here, it's illegal to do so without a work visa and a SS number. You can't get a drivers license with just a SS number anyway, you would need to show that you have applied for status. I know, because I have an SS number and can't get an ID from them.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:02 AM

no! you can not work here. you visa has expired long back. i wonder how you got employed?
please go back and apply again.
if you get caught you will be in lot of trouble trust me!

JWP
New York Immigration Lawyer Marina Shepelsky, located in Brooklyn, assists clients from the New York metro area and across the United States in all immigration and naturalization matters http://www.e-us-visa.com