2415 Ave U, Ste. 2R,
Brooklyn, NY 11229


(718) 769-6352

Home About Our Firm Attorney Profile Practice Area Overview Testimonials Resource Links Contact Us
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NYC Immigration Lawyers, Naturalization, Green Cards, Deportation Defense, Brooklyn, New York > Visas > Work Visas (H1, H2, H3, H4, L1, L2)

regarding h1b visa

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 04:19 PM
simplebhe25 simplebhe25 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Default regarding h1b visa

A pleasant good day to you...i have a concern with regards to my h1b visa im
currently a holder of that visa and working on my petitioner. Im planning to
have a vacation nxt year with my family in our homecountry philippines. But
my company told me that they will submit my petition for change of status
which is immigrant this month.what do i need to apply? is it possible for me
to go back in phil.for a vacation? what documents do i need to bring with
me? Pls. help me regarding this matters...have a good day and god bless!!!!
hoping for your reply on this matters......thank you so much!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Immigration's Avatar
Immigration Immigration is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,997

In order for your company to submit for I-485 Application for Adjustment of
Status for you they have to show your H1B petition has been approved and
file a copy of the approved H1B petition with the I-485 application and
$1,010 fees, along with copies of all your identity docs (passport copies,
birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if any, etc.
for you and all your family members).

In the meanwhile, if you are in status with your H1B Visa, you may travel
inside US and out without problems. Make sure to take your original
approval notice approving H-1B status with you when travelling (or its copy
if your employer cannot give you the original) and show it along with your
passport and employment authorization at US customs when returning to US.
If you are too close (within 30 days) to the expiration of the date of your
H1B approval, I would not recommend travelling. If your status has expired
and your employer has applied for extension but you have not yet received
the approval for the extension, please do not leave US.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:11 AM
clubJWP clubJWP is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2

even i faced this problem. thanx for your advice i will be doing the same


New York Immigration Lawyer Marina Shepelsky, located in Brooklyn, assists clients from the New York metro area and across the United States in all immigration and naturalization matters http://www.e-us-visa.com
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.