2415 Ave U, Ste. 2R,
Brooklyn, NY 11229


(718) 769-6352

Home About Our Firm Attorney Profile Practice Area Overview Testimonials Resource Links Contact Us
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» I-90-USCIS-Immigration-Form

Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card

Purpose of Form : Use this form to replace a "Green Card."

Number of Pages : Instructions: 4; Form: 2. Edition Date : 07/30/07. Previous editions accepted.

Where to File :

See Special Instructions

Filing Fee : $290. Biometrics fee of $80 may be included. Please see Special Instructions for details. Special Instructions :

Filing Fee(s) and Where to File:
If you are filing because:
 Your card was valid for 10 years and is expiring or has expired
 Your card was lost, stolen or destroyed;
 Your card is mutilated;
 Your name or other biographic information has changed since the card was issued;
 You have taken up Commuter status;
 You were a Commuter and am now taking up residence in the U.S.;
 Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident;
 You have an old edition of the card;
Then your payment is the base application fee is $290 plus the biometrics fee of $80.  Total filing fee = $370.

If you have reached your 14th birthday since the date your card was issued, your payment is the biometrics fee of $80 is required. The base application fee is not required if you file the Form I-90 within 30 days after your 14th birthday.  Total filing fee = $80.

Where to file if you are filing for any reason shown above: If you are filing for any of the reasons noted above, please mail your completed Form I-90 and appropriate fees directly to the following address:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 54870
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0870

For non-U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g., Federal Express, UPS or DHL):
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attention: I-90
16420 Valley View Avenue
La Mirada, CA 90638-5821

Note:  If you are filing because your biographic data (Name, Date of Birth, etc. ) has been legally changed , then you must bring one of the following to your in-person appearance appointment at the Application Support Center :
 the original or certified copy of a court order making the legal change; or 
 the marriage certificate reflecting the new name;
To replace a card because of a change in any other biographic data, you must bring copies of documentation to prove that the new data is correct.

Notice to applicants making payment by check:
If you send us a check, it will be converted into an electronic funds transfer (EFT). This means we will copy your check and use the account information on it to electronically debit your account for the amount of the check. The debit from your account will usually occur within 24 hours, and will be shown on your regular account statement.

You will not receive your original check back. We will destroy your original check, but we will keep a copy of it. If the EFT cannot be processed for technical reasons, you authorize us to process the copy in place of your original check. If the EFT cannot be completed because of insufficient funds, we may try to make the transfer up to two times.

Filing Fee if you are filing because:
 You never received your Permanent Resident card; or
 Your Permanent Resident card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error;
Then there is no fee required. Please review the Where to File  Instructions, below, if you are filing for these reasons.  Total filing fee = $0.

Where to File if :
 You never received your Permanent Resident card; or
 Your Permanent Resident card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error;

If you are filing because your card was never received

 If USCIS mailed you a Permanent Residence card more than 30 days ago and you have not received it; and
 It has been returned to USCIS by the Post Office as undeliverable; and
 You have not moved from the address you provided to USCIS during the application or immigrant visa process that led to the creation of the card not received;

Mail a new I-90 application with supporting documentation to the USCIS Service Center or National Benefits Center (NBC) that mailed you the card which was not received.  Only certain application or form types, when approved, may lead to the creation of a permanent resident card.  Those forms are the Form I-485, I-751, I-829, I-90 and the Immigrant Visa packet, Form OS-155A.

Please look at the Form I-797, Notice of Action for the receipt number on the form that you filed which led to the creation of the card which was not received.  For example, if you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and it was approved but you did not receive your permanent resident card, look for the receipt number for that I-485 on the Form I-797 receipt notice USCIS sent you for that form.  The first three letters of the receipt number will indicate what office created processed the application or immigrant visa.  WAC = California Service Center.  LIN = Nebraska Service Center.  EAC = Vermont Service Center.  SRC = Texas Service Center.  MSC = National Benefits Center.

Once you determine the correct Service Center to which you should mail your Form I-90, mail it to the address below that relates to that Service Center.

 California Service Center
  Attn: I-90 b or d  
  P.O. Box 10090 
  Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1009 

 Nebraska Service Center 
  Attn: I-90 b or d 
  PO Box 87090 
  Lincoln, NE 68501-7090 

 Texas Service Center 
  Attn: I-90 b or d 
  P.O. Box 851983  
  Mesquite, TX 75185-1983 

 Vermont Service Center
  Attn: I-90 b or d
  75 Lower Welden Street
  St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

National Benefits Center
Attn: I-551 Corrections
705B SE Melody Lane, Box 2000
Lee's Summit, MO 64063

When you submit your Form I-797 Notice of Action, you need to include the receipt number for the application of the Permanent Resident card that was not received.

If your card was issued with incorrect data due to USCIS administrative error , you must mail a new I-90 application using Application Reason "d" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error, and any supporting documentation, to the USCIS Service Center/National Benefits Center(NBC) that processed the application/form from which the incorrect card was created. Check the envelope that your I-551 permanent resident card came in to find the mailing address of the Service Center/NBC that mailed you the card. The Service Center/NBC address can also be found on the I-797 "Notice of Action" issued for the application from which the incorrect card was created. In addition to the new I-90 application, applicants are required to send the original I-551 card containing incorrect information, plus the supporting documentation for the requested correction. A replacement application based on a USCIS administrative error must also include an explanation.
There is no fee required.  Total filing fee - $0.

Special Instructions:
Do not use this Form I-90 if you are a conditional resident and your status is expiring.
If you became a conditional resident:
 through a marriage to a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, submit Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence; or
 based on a financial investment in a U.S. business, submit Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions.

Changes to Submitted Applications:
If it is necessary to change any information on your submitted I-90 application, please bring evidence to support the change with you to your in-person appearance at your local ASC. Do not send written correspondence regarding changes.

Change of Address:
In the Related Links section in the upper left of this page, select the How Do I Report a Change of Address to the USCIS?

Withdrawing an Application:
To withdraw or cancel your submitted application, please send a written request to:
National Benefits Center
705 B SE Melody Lane, Box 2000
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
No refunds or returns will be honored in the event of an application cancellation or withdrawal request.

This page can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.