2415 Ave U, Ste. 2R,
Brooklyn, NY 11229


(718) 769-6352

Home About Our Firm Attorney Profile Practice Area Overview Testimonials Resource Links Contact Us
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NYC Immigration Lawyers, Naturalization, Green Cards, Deportation Defense, Brooklyn, New York > How Do I > How Do I - US Immigration

How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization?

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Brooklyn Immigration Lawyer Brooklyn Immigration Lawyer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 89
Lightbulb How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization?

How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization?

When a naturalized US citizen needs to have a Certificate of Naturalization “authenticated” by the U.S. State Department for use by Foreign Governments/Embassies, USCIS can copy the document and certify it as a true copy. “Authentication” is a term used by the U.S. Department of State and other Governments to describe what USCIS refers to as Certified True Copies. When you require a Certificate of Naturalization to be authenticated, be sure to use the term "Certified True Copy."

If you have the original document to be certified, you must make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using the InfoPass Appointment Scheduler on our website. When you go to your appointment, be sure to bring your original naturalization certificate and a copy of it. Also bring another form of photo identification, such as a drivers license or passport. A USCIS officer will review the documents and may certify the copy, if the officer can confirm your identity and status as a naturalized citizen.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, will provide Certified True Copies and return these along with the supplied documentation to the requester. USCIS cannot act as an agent of the U.S. Department of State by accepting fees on behalf of other government agencies, or forwarding documentation to any other government agency. All documentation coming from a requester, along with any documentation supplied by the Department of Homeland Security, will be returned to the requester.

To obtain the services of the U.S. Department of State, Authentication Office, you should use one of the following methods:

Write to:

United States Department of State, Authentication Office
518 23rd Street, NW
Sa-1 Columbia Plaza
Washington, DC 20520
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.